A thriving company exhibits innovation, efficiency, flexible structure and for this requires new skills in its organizations and human resources. Therefore, the workforce effective management is a critical element for the company’s development during its processes of adaptation and innovation through time.
We are in a critical era that seeks new skills for the implementation of new technologies such as data analysis (big data) and the implantation of artificial intelligence (AI), even only as mere survival in the face of The Digital Age. Today it is an important need to create experiences for employees designed to attract and retain talent, as well, as meet the needs of the multigenerational workforce that we are currently living in today’s companies.
The future of human resources is linked to the data and its analysis.
Data analysis and data collection capabilities are vital to intelligently configure and manage the workforce of the future. Companies are already exploring the great capacity of using data to improve decision making and predict behaviours and results.
- Google uses personal data to make employees happier and more effective.
Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning a trend that enhances recruitment.
There are two areas where AI can prove more valuable:
- AI can expedite the reading of the applicant’s materials. Instead of relying on a professional to analyze hundreds of resumes and cover letters, companies can use an artificial intelligence system to complete the task faster.
- Another benefit is the candidates’ analytical evaluation, without prejudice, transparently and without human errors. As a result, we will have a stricter employee’s selection. This provides assistance for human resources’ analysis and monitoring, from the submission of the application to the evaluations and continuous reviews of its performance.
- The UiPath robot, developed by Skymind, uses AI to select resumes for a data scientist position, for example. It will use the AI model to make decisions about candidates and, when it is unsure, ask for help from an operator.
Autonomous Agents and Robotics a trend of internal support.
Chatbots are a trend that falls into the world of Artificial Intelligence. Companies are already incorporating chatbots into their human resources systems, with the aim of providing solutions and answers to different employees’ basic inquiries (salaries, vacations, benefits and rights in general, etc.). These chatbots function as self-service platforms that allow human resources staff to focus on providing answers to specific, more complex cases and urgent questions.
- Ava is a smart chat robot created on the Salesforce platform to manage a common set of requests related to human resources.
In the future, robots will become guardians and managers of internal information. They will accelerate communications and increase productivity by providing instant access to the right data, at the right time.
Virtual and Augmented Reality, the power of effective training.
Augmented reality is about building new virtual worlds. When it comes to the impact that this technology can have on human resources, we can focus on the training and education scenario.
A cost effective and in many cases safe solution for those interested. The possibility of providing training within virtual environments has a lot of possibilities, apart from the benefits of training using the approach learning by doing.
- C-Live is a virtual reality training platform that seeks to improve personal development and allows employees to improve their interpersonal skills.
Blockchain, a technology that provides transparency, security and process automation.
Blockchain is a technology that is maturing in levels of trust, enabling global transactions.
The need for transparency is a vital axis for business development in all areas, RR. HH is no exception, especially in the face of new work formats and digital offices that have arrived to remain a good alternative for the development of certain tasks.
Identity and trust are the core in human processes. In the business world, trust becomes even more important when companies need to work different job formats. Blockchain can provide real-time information and recognition in each of the necessary processes before hiring, during and at the end of the collaboration. It helps management and information transparency for both the employee and employers.
- Sopra HR is a software that facilitates exchanges between peers, without intermediaries and almost instantaneously, they can be a vector of potentialities for many cases of use in human resources
- Learn to manage the new Gig economy. The so-called gig economy is based on a temporary relationship between workers and companies. Every day we see more business models based on this kind of relationship. An employment situation is generated in which workers are hired for sporadic jobs or specific projects. It is evident that there is a whole labour problem behind, which is handled differently depending on the existing country’s labour legislation. In any case, the Gig economy gives many people the opportunity to offer their online services and operate collaboratively using online applications.
Although at first it may seem a precariousness of the workforce, there are many workers who are attracted to the labour flexibility provided by the Gig economy; precisely the variety and the possibility of controlling their time, choosing the jobs that interest them the most and that fit to their schedules.
This growing phenomenon makes workforce management a very complex task for companies. Even though the relationship, in some cases, is short, recruitment, activity monitoring, validation of the task or project carried out, payment, etc. are still needed.
It is a huge problem for the companies’ HR departments, and it is getting bigger. It is here where blockchain and Smart Contracts can make it easier. We can validate that the task is done, that the appropriate milestones are followed, have evidence of the end of a task or project and finally generate the payment without any human intervention, in an automated and efficient way.
In short, for companies seeking their path through innovation, improving human resources management and building a positive culture for their employees is vital. First, it is important to focus on creating a new mentality that recognizes the speed of change and that the rules for future success are being rewritten. Rethink new models for the human resources operations, for the opening to new technologies and skills that can exploit a significant value and a competitive business advantage.
It is also important, to create personalized experiences that integrate and encourage employees; train and generate a gateway for the assimilation of new knowledge and the combination of human and digital work. Each of these measures, will forge the way to create a company with an increasingly agile, global and digital team, betting on technology, but enhancing and recognizing the power of good human work.
This future is now.